My Honest Opinion on Manga Time Kirara



Sturgeon's Law dictates that 90% of everything is garbage. Some of that garbage is so trashy, it deserves going straight to the ashcan and is universally considered as horrible. Yet, I have saw a notable "exception" from it: Manga Time Kirara.

If you say that any Manga Time Kirara anime not called Yumekui Merry or Gakkou Gurashi (which are usually considered as adaptations that ruined the manga), someone will probably end up objecting against what you said and saying it's good. A great example of this would be the 'fanbase wars' between Sansha Sanyou and Anne Happy in /a/. Sansha fans call AH as Anne Shitty, Unhappy fans fight back with 3ya 3you or something similiar.
Another particularly controversial series in the fanbase is Kill Me Baby. KMB is a 'love it or hate it' type of show and there's little, if any, middle ground between these two sides. I personally liked it and know some people who don't liked it that much. However, I'm smart enough to realize that fighting them just because they hate what I like is just plain stupid.

However, 'tastes are subjective' related stuff aside, I've discovered something: According to Sturgeon's Law, 90 of everything is shit. It's what I said at the start of this blog post. And it says 90% of everything, without exceptions.
Discounting Wakaba Girl, there are 28 Manga Time Kirara anime adaptations. The 90% of 28 is 25.2. What does this mean? That like with most things, most Kirara anime actually suck. I haven't watched them all, but I'm pretty damn sure that I won't like them all thanks to this simple calculation and the shows I've watched as of now. Gochiusa is overrated, but not ashcan-deserving garbage. Just a slightly less average than most CGDCT show that some people think it's a masterpiece worthy of being with actual works of art like K-ON!. I do believe Yuru Camp deserves it's popularity though, it was really nice and comfy.

GA is part of the 10% of Kirara series worth it, a truly underappreciated work of art; change my mind if you want.
But the whole 'fanbase wars' related stuff is for the most part, done by a vocal minority in sites like 4chan. Sure, 90% of Kirara series are bad, but you must go and search which anime are part of your watchable 10%. As I have previously said, I haven't discovered them all, but I'm starting to see which ones are and which ones aren't. But like always, I have to say goodbye.
This is Yakisoba signing off from KanaeruChop. Thanks.

- Yakisoba, who dropped Sakura Trick 3 episodes in.

Comentarios